Baked Potato Soup
All your favorite flavors of a loaded baked potato are packed into this tasty soup.
- 2 russet potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ shallot diced
- ⅛ cup flour
- 1 cups milk
- 2 cups Zoup! Good, Really Good® Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For garnish: shredded cheddar cheese bacon, chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prick your potatoes with a fork all over. Then place the potatoes on the oven rack and bake for 1 – 1.5 hours.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool. Then peel the skin off of the potatoes. Cut the cooked potatoes into cubes and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the butter and shallots to the pan. Saute the shallots until translucent. Then add the flour and coat evenly.
- Add the milk and Zoup! Good, Really Good® Chicken Broth until well combined and the flour is well incorporated.
- Stir in the potatoes and using an immersion blender, blend the potatoes until smooth. Stir in the sour cream. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and top with your favorite baked potato ingredients such as shredded cheddar cheese, bacon and chives.