Baked Potato Soup
All your favorite flavors of a loaded baked potato are packed into this tasty soup.
- 2 russet potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ shallot diced
- ⅛ cup flour
- 1 cups milk
- 2 cups Zoup! Good, Really Good® Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For garnish: shredded cheddar cheese bacon, chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prick your potatoes with a fork all over. Then place the potatoes on the oven rack and bake for 1 – 1.5 hours.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool. Then peel the skin off of the potatoes. Cut the cooked potatoes into cubes and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the butter and shallots to the pan. Saute the shallots until translucent. Then add the flour and coat evenly.
- Add the milk and Zoup! Good, Really Good® Chicken Broth until well combined and the flour is well incorporated.
- Stir in the potatoes and using an immersion blender, blend the potatoes until smooth. Stir in the sour cream. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and top with your favorite baked potato ingredients such as shredded cheddar cheese, bacon and chives.
We hope you enjoy your Baked Potato Soup cooked with Zoup! Good, Really Good Chicken Broth! Be sure to check out our social pages to stay up to date with all things Zoup! Good, Really Good.