French Onion Soup
A classic French Onion Soup recipe made in a pressure cooker.
- Pressure cooker
- 3 onions thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp butter
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup sherry
- ½ tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 jar of Zoup! Good Really Good® Beef Bone Broth
- 6 oz gruyere shredded
- 1 baguette
- Turn pressure cooker on to “saute” mode. Add butter and then saute the onions until they are tender and slightly translucent.
- Turn pressure cooker off. Then turn back on and set to “Pressure Cook” on High for 20 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, use the quick release valve to release the steam and then open.
- Turn the pressure cooker back on to Saute mode and cook 15 minutes or until brown.
- Then add all ingredients except the cheese and bread. Set on “Pressure Cook” on High for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven on to Broil. Then pour your soup into oven-safe bowls. Top with two slices of baguette and lots of gruyere shredded cheese. Place in oven until all cheese is melted – approximately 2 – 3 minutes.