Southern Creamed Chicken & Rice
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup onions finely chopped
- ½ cup celery finely chopped
- ½ cup carrots finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup flour
- 2 jars Good, Really Good™ Chicken Broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz. chicken cooked and diced
- 1½ cups wild rice cooked
- Dash of hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, celery, carrots and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent and soft, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in flour and continue to cook, while stirring, for 3 minutes. Add Zoup! Good, Really Good™ Chicken Broth and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in cream, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in chicken and rice. Simmer for 3 minutes and serve.
We hope you enjoy your Southern Creamed Chicken & Rice cooked with Zoup! Good, Really Good Chicken Broth! Be sure to check out our social pages to stay up to date with all things Zoup! Good, Really Good.