Chicken & Dumpling Soup
Nothing says comfort quite like a bowl of Chicken and Dumpling Soup.
- onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 ½ cups Zoup! Good Really Good® Chicken Broth
- ½ can of store bought biscuit dough
- 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- In a large soup pot, add 1 tbsp of butter and melt over medium heat. Add the onions, celery and carrots. Cook veggies until softened and onions are translucent.
- Add remaining butter and flour. Mix until well combined. Add the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to veggies.
- Add milk and bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened. Add the Chicken Broth and cook until it is simmering.
- Remove about 5 biscuits and slice them into ½ inch strips. Drop them into the soup, cover and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until biscuits are cooked throughout.
- Once biscuits are cooked, stir in the shredded chicken and serve immediately.