Collard Greens with Bacon
Get your greens! We know the secret to some good collard greens starts with a high-quality broth to cook them in.
- 8 strips bacon
- ½ white onion chopped
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups of Zoup! Good Really Good® Chicken Broth
- Place bacon in a medium pan over medium heat. Cook until bacon is desired crispiness.
- While bacon is cooking, chop your collard greens into 1-inch strips. Once bacon is cooked, remove and place on a plate with a paper towel.
- Add onion to the pan and cook on low heat in the bacon fat until onions are soft and translucent. Then add your chopped collard greens to the pan and cook until soft. Season with the garlic powder.
- Add the Zoup! Good, Really Good® Chicken Broth and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bacon back to the pan and stir. Serve immediately and garnish with more bacon.
We hope you enjoy your Lemon Collard Greens with Bacon cooked with Zoup! Good, Really Good Chicken Broth! Be sure to check out our social pages to stay up to date with all things Zoup! Good, Really Good.