Instant Pot Carnitas
Add delicious flavor to your Carnitas using our Beef Bone Broth Concentrate
- 3 – 4 lbs pork shoulder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- ½ onion sliced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp Zoup! Good Really Good® Beef Bone Concentrate
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 5 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Combine oregano, cilantro, basil, cumin, salt, pepper and red chili flakes to create a rub.
- Cut your pork into 3 inch pieces. Rub the dry rub all over the pork.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add oil. Brown the pork, remove and set aside.
- Add the water, Zoup! Good, Really Good® Beef Bone Concentrate, lime juice and orange juice to deglaze the Instant Pot.
- Place the pork back into the pot and top with garlic and onion. Turn the Instant Pot off. Then turn back on to the “Meat” setting and cook for 60 minutes. Then use natural release.
- Shred the pork using two forks. Then use the meat for your favorite tacos, burritos, nachos and so much more!
- Note: If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 8 – 10 hours.