Sweet Potato Casserole
Try this recipe using broth for the most creamy, tasty casserole on the Turkey Day table.
- lbs sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Zoup! Good Really Good® Chicken Broth
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans
- Dash of salt
- ⅓ cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Then wrap each potato with foil. Place them on a baking sheet lined with foil. Heat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 1 hour. Continue to bake until they can be easily pierced with a knife.
- Cool until they are easy to handle. Peel and transfer to a blender. Puree the sweet potatoes until mashed. Then add in the Zoup! Good, Really Good® Chicken Broth, vanilla and cinnamon and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Transfer the potatoes to an oven-safe casserole dish and spread out evenly. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed pecans, dash of cinnamon, brown sugar and melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Spread the pecan topping over the sweet potatoes. Then place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven once the topping is golden brown. Then add a layer of mini marshmallows and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.