Nothing says a three day weekend quite like fresh salsa. We’re whipping up some Salsa Verde made with roasted tomatillos and finished off with none other than Zoup! Good, Really Good chicken broth.
- 8 medium tomatillos
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 3 jalapeños
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Zoup! Good, Really Good® Chicken Broth
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- On a grill pan or BBQ over medium heat add garlic cloves, tomatillos, onion (chopped in quarters), and jalapeños. Grill until brown spots form. Remove and let cool.
- Peel garlic and scrape burnt skin off chiles. Chop onions, jalapeños and garlic.
- Transfer tomatillos and all vegetables to a blender. Add the cilantro and sugar. Blend until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Add olive oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the blended mixture and stir until slightly thickened. Add broth and lime juice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste with more salt, sugar and/or lime. If you are making ahead, let chill in fridge.