Tomato Parmesan Couscous
This Tomato Parmesan Couscous is made from a delicious homemade tomato sauce using cherry tomatoes and our Zoup! Good, Really Good Veggie Broth.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cups of Zoup! Good Really Good® Veggie Broth
- Leftover parmesan rinds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- Basil for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the cherry tomatoes and mix them into the olive oil until well coated. Add the salt and pepper. Toss the cherry tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes for 10 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to burst.
- Add the onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. Cook until the onion begins to be translucent and fragrant.
- Add the Zoup! Good, Really Good® Veggie Broth and parmesan rinds. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the parmesan rinds and stir in the lemon juice. Add the couscous and cook for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy hot and garnish with fresh basil!