We love a bowl of soup. But we especially love a bowl of soup we can also eat! This Clam Chowder recipe is so easy to make using our Seafood Broth and is extra special in a bread bowl
- large pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- ⅔ cup celery chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 32 oz chopped raw clams
- 4 cups Zoup! Good Really Good® Seafood Broth
- 5 red potatoes diced
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- 10 tbsp butter
- ⅔ cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, saute onion, celery and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
- In a large soup pot, bring clams, Zoup! Good, Really Good® Seafood Broth and potatoes to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the onion, celery and garlic into the pot.
- In the skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and turn heat to low. Stir until fully incorporated. Turn the heat off and stir in the cream until smooth.
- Add the cream mixture into the soup pot and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- To serve in a bread bowl, carve out the center of a round loaf. Then fill the bread bowl with chowder. Garnish with croutons and parsley and enjoy!