Tuscan Bread Soup
You had us at Bread Soup. This Tuscan Bread Soup is one of our favorite comfort meals for a weeknight dinner.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 28 oz San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 cups Zoup! Good Really Good® Veggie Broth
- 2 cups sourdough bread cubed
- Basil for garnish
- In a large pot, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent. Add the salt, red pepper flakes and tomato paste and cook until well combined.
- Deglaze the pan by pouring the red wine into the pan and stirring.
- Add in the tomatoes. When adding them in, use your hands to tear into smaller pieces. Pour the Zoup! Good Really, Good® Veggie Broth in and stir until well combined.
- Once the soup begins to simmer, reduce heat to low and add the bread. Simmer for 20 minutes until the bread is soft and the soup has thickened.
- Serve with fresh basil and enjoy!