Tuscan Bread Soup
You had us at Bread Soup. This Tuscan Bread Soup is one of our favorite comfort meals for a weeknight dinner.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 28 oz San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 cups Zoup! Good Really Good® Veggie Broth
- 2 cups sourdough bread cubed
- Basil for garnish
- In a large pot, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent. Add the salt, red pepper flakes and tomato paste and cook until well combined.
- Deglaze the pan by pouring the red wine into the pan and stirring.
- Add in the tomatoes. When adding them in, use your hands to tear into smaller pieces. Pour the Zoup! Good Really, Good® Veggie Broth in and stir until well combined.
- Once the soup begins to simmer, reduce heat to low and add the bread. Simmer for 20 minutes until the bread is soft and the soup has thickened.
- Serve with fresh basil and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy your Tuscan Bread Soup cooked with Zoup! Good, Really Good Veggie Broth! Be sure to check out our social pages to stay up to date with all things Zoup! Good, Really Good.