Green Bean Casserole
No canned soup needed for this Green Bean Casserole – just packed full of flavor with our Zoup! Good, Really Good Veggie Broth.
- 2 lbs green beans
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ cup Zoup! Good Really Good® Veggie Broth
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 oz crispy fried onions
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare your green beans by trimming the ends and cutting into 2-inch pieces.
- Boil a large pot of water. When it comes to a boil, add your green beans and cook for 4 minutes. Drain water and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and saute your mushrooms until tender and golden. Add garlic and cook until well combined.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and cook until well coated.
- Add Zoup! Good, Really Good® Veggie Broth to deglaze your pan. Cook until liquid begins to thicken.
- Add half and half, salt, and pepper. Cook until thickened.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add in the green beans and stir until all green beans are well incorporated. Cook for 6 – 7 minutes or until the green beans are your desired softness.
- Top with fried onions, cover and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!